We hope to see those who have a calling to the ministry and those who are currently active in the ministry but do not have legal or Canadian credentials enroll in this program. The requirements:
- * You must be at least 21 years old.
- * You must complete a Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- * You must be (or willing to be) baptized by full immersion.
- * You must have a sincere calling to the ministry and be willing to undergo diligent study for 10 months.
- * You must attend a Church assembly on a regular basis
- * You must provide a recommendation from your Pastor
- * Must display good Christian character.
- * You must be able to afford the cost of this program.
I have already completed prior Theological Training. Do I still have to go through further training with York St. Peter’s?
I live quite a distance from Toronto. How will I be able to study and complete assignments in the Pastoral Course?
I have completed all of my training requirements and await Ordination. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend my Ordination Ceremony. Can you just send my credentials by mail?
- * You must be a baptized Ordained Minister.
- * You must agree with our Statement of Faith.
- * You must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Police Check as you will be dealing with the public.
- * You must attend and successfully complete our Marriage Program
- * You must have an active ministry.
Registration to Solemnize Marriage is one of the most sought after credentials for those who are Ordained. It will not be offered to those who wish to obtain a title as a Christian leader of authority for public acceptance, respect, status or whimsical reasons. We are very particular regarding who we may represent to become Registered in order to protect the sanctity of the Gospel and also uphold our integrity with the Government of Canada. All applications to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario are approved and issued at the sole discretion of the Office of the Registrar General upon recommendation by this Denomination.
Can I be recommended by York St. Peters to Solemnize Marriages if I am Ordained but do not have a congregation or public place of worship?
For what reasons may my Membership be terminated or revoked and if so do I get to keep my obtained Titles and Credentials?
- * Slanderous comments regarding the Gospel or inappropriate comments directed towards our Clergy or Administrative Staff, the Organization or other members.
- * Unbecoming behavior at our meetings, workshops or special events.
- * Displaying an argumentative spirit.
- * Failure to submit your Church Ministry Report twice a year.
- * Failure to honor your financial obligation to the Organization.
- * Failure to observe and teach the Word of Jesus Christ and/or deviance from the Truth as written in the scriptures.
- * Failure to uphold this Denominations policies, procedures and Statement of Faith
- * Performing un-Godly or same-sex marriages.
- * Ungodly character or engaging in criminal activities.
- * Activities which put this Denomination at legal risk.
- * Using any information specific to this Denomination including our name within your ministry correspondences or advertisings without our consent.
- * Misleading or misrepresenting statements regarding this Denomination.
- * Instigating contention and/or confusion within this Organization.
- * Failing to report a performed Marriage within 3 days of a Marriage.
- * Aggressively challenging our administrative policies, procedures and that of the Marriage Act.
- * No communication over a reasonable period of time.
Please be clear on our payment policies.
I paid for the entire Program but did not receive a Charitable Donation Income Tax Receipt for the Program Fees that I paid.