Member’s Refresher – $100
- Membership is necessary for sponsorship in order to apply and retain Authorization to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario. Membership is offered at a cost of $50/mo. paid quarterly, bi-annually or annually and must be renewed on an annual basis.
- This is a non-refundable Program
This course welcomes Ordained Clergy in Ontario that need to perform Christian Marriage for their congregation and community. *This Denomination’s Marriage Officers are permitted to only join a natural man to a natural woman in Holy Matrimony. All who seek government representation to Officiate Christian Marriage under York St. Peter’s must complete this Marriage Program successfully showing competency and understanding.
There are no exceptions. Upon successful completion with all requirements met, representation will be offered so that you can apply for Registration to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario under the representation and authority of this Denomination.
This Program is also a great refresher for those who are already Registered to perform marriage but haven’t performed a wedding in a while.
The Program Consists of:
- 7 days of online study and testing from the convenience of home.
- Onsite full day practical GTA Workshop (2021 covid permitting)
- Sponsorship offered upon successful final examination
- Lunch is provided for all attendees.
Students will study online for one week from their location. They will learn the Origins of Marriage, the Roles and Duties of the man, the woman and the registered Clergy. Topics such as providing Biblical pre-marital counselling, rehearsal, appropriate music, venues and best practices, difficult or unexpected situations are reviewed.
The Workshop itself is a one day program held online or onsite in Toronto and will offer some great fun, fellowship (and food) as Students gain practical experience. The requirements of God, the Government and this Denomination will also be reviewed and discussed in detail.
This Workshop will teach you about marriage from a Biblical perspective and will focus on performing a traditional Christian Wedding Ceremony from beginning to end. If the participant is already Ordained Clergy with an active ministry, upon successful completion they will become eligible to receive membership and representation to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario. Recommendations and applications to the Registrar General will be prepared and submitted the next business day following the Marriage Workshop. If approved you will receive your Registration number to Solemnize Marriage by mail directly from the Office Of The Registrar General. As long as all requirements are met applications are usually always accepted
Who Can Attend:
This Program is open to all YSPEO Students and Ordained Christian Ministers & Chaplains from different Christian ministries and Denominations residing in Ontario, that agree with our Statement of Faith.
* Must be Ordained Christian Clergy. If you wish to become ordained Clergy see https://yorkstpeters.ca/ministry-program/
Those who have no interest in witnessing for Christ, or those who just like to perform weddings will not be considered. Marriage privileges are an additional bonus to your ministry. Wedding Officiant business will not be tolerated.
All YSPEO Students may take the Marriage Program at any time during their studies and their sponsorship will be submitted to the Office of the Registrar General upon request following their Ordination.
Registrants will only be authorized to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario. Should you wish to Solemnize Marriage in any other province you must follow the provinces own Marriage Act Requirements and in most cases you must be represented by a Denomination within that province.
If another ministry (not owned by you) requires you to perform marriage for their congregation their governing official may send YSPEO a letter of request on their ministry letterhead advising that your Pastoral services are required along with the ability to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario.
Clergy must be baptized by full immersion.
- *We only join a natural man to a natural woman in Holy Matrimony.
- We provide the gift of Christian marriage to Christian believers only. We do not perform non-Religious or inter-faith marriages.
- We do not provide Catholic marriage practices or instruction.
- ** Only those who successfully complete this Program may be sponsored for Registration. If you receive a failing grade at the end of this Program you will have to re-enroll in the Program again if you wish to retry.
- Members are accountable to this Denomination regarding all aspects of marriages performed.
- As Ordained Clergy we practice ministry, not business. Marriage privileges are a compliment to our ministries so conducting a Wedding Officiant business is forbidden. If this is your intention then we are the wrong Religious Body for you.