YSPEO Marriage Program
YSPEO Ministry Students – Now $300
Ordained Ministers – Now $300
Ordained Chaplains – Now $300
Second Time Around – Now $100
- Membership is necessary to apply and retain Marriage Registration and is at a cost of $50/mo. paid quarterly, bi-annually or annually.
- This is a non-refundable Program
This course welcomes Ordained Ministers in Ontario that need to perform Christian Marriage for their congregation and community. This Denomination’s Marriage Officers are permitted to only join a natural man to a natural woman in Holy Matrimony. All who seek representation to Officiate Christian Marriage by York St. Peter’s must complete this Marriage Program successfully.
There are no exceptions. Upon successful completion with all requirements met you will be eligible to apply for Registration to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario under the representation and authority of this Denomination.
This Program is a great refresher for those who are already Registered to perform marriage but have not performed a wedding in a while.
The Program Consists of:
- 7 days of online study and testing from the convenience of home.
- Onsite full day practical GTA Workshop with step by step instruction as Students practice mock weddings.
- Sponsorship offered upon successful final examination
- Lunch is provided for all attendees.
Through the online study Students will learn the Origins of Marriage, the Roles and Duties of the man, the woman and the Registered Clergy. Topics such as providing Biblical pre-marital counseling, rehearsal, appropriate music, venues and best practices, difficult or unexpected situations are reviewed.
The Workshop itself is a one day program held in Toronto and will offer some great fun, fellowship (and food) as Students practice performing mock weddings step by step. The requirements of God, the Government and this Denomination will also be reviewed and discussed in detail.
This Workshop will teach you about marriage from a Biblical perspective and will focus on performing a traditional Christian Wedding Ceremony from beginning to end. If the participant is already Ordained Clergy, upon successful completion they will become eligible to receive membership and representation to Solemnize Marriage. Membership, recommendations and applications to the Registrar General will be prepared and submitted the next business day following the Marriage Workshop. If approved you will receive your Registration number to Solemnize Marriage by mail directly from the Office Of The Registrar General’s. As long as all requirements are met applications are usually always accepted.
Who Can Attend:
This Program is open to all Students and Ordained Christian Ministers & Chaplains from different ministries and Denominations residing in Ontario that agree with our Statement of Faith. All must have a legally established and active Christian ministry that they can be appointed to by the Government. .
All YSPEO Students may take the Marriage Program at any time during their studies and their sponsorship will be submitted to the Office of the Registrar General upon request following their Ordination.
Registrants will only be authorized to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario. Should you wish to Solemnize Marriage in any other province you must follow the provinces own Marriage Act Requirements and in most cases you must be represented by a Denomination within that province.
An active Christian ministry is required in order to be sponsored to Solemnize Marriage. Ordained Students and Ordained Clergy must show proof of established and active ministries prior to sponsorship. If another ministry (not owned by you) requires you to perform marriage for their congregation their governing official may send YSPEO a letter of request on their ministry letterhead requesting that your Pastoral services are required along with the ability to Solemnize Marriage in Ontario.
You must be baptized by full immersion.
Christian counseling must be given to all couples to be married.
- We only join a natural man to a natural woman in Holy Matrimony.
- We provide the gift of Christian marriage to Christian believers only. We do not perform non-Religious or inter-faith marriages.
- We do not provide Catholic marriage practices or instruction.
- ** Only those who successfully complete this Program may be sponsored for Registration. If you receive a failing grade at the end of this Program a tax deductible charitable donation receipt will be issued for the full cost of the Program and you will have to re-enroll in the Program if you wish to try again.
- Members are accountable to this Denomination regarding all aspects of marriages performed.
- As Ordained Clergy we practice ministry, not business. Marriage privileges are a compliment to our ministries so conducting a Wedding Officiant business is forbidden. If this is your intention then we are the wrong Religious Body for you.